duck food and slugs

lotsofloveforchickens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 17, 2018
slugs seem to come out at night after my ducks are in the kennel for the night for safe keeping. the slugs get into the ducks food and eats it and leaves behind a slime trail in it and the slugs have a lot of little parasites running all over them. will the slime trail hurt the ducks when they eat the food in the morning? does anyone know if they think the little parasites get off the slugs and stay behind after the slugs leave? what's a safe way to keep slugs out of the pen at night?

you could put a slug trap or two on the other side (non-duck side) of the run, presuming the ducks only have access to the run and are not free ranging there during the day.

If the ducks are old enough then I would think you could remove the food earlier in the day before the slugs come out.

you could put a slug trap or two on the other side (non-duck side) of the run, presuming the ducks only have access to the run and are not free ranging there during the day.

If the ducks are old enough then I would think you could remove the food earlier in the day before the slugs come out.
I have never heard of a slug trap before

This is a diy one, you can also use a glass jar or something, or it seems you can buy them too.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom