Duck food volume per

AceODST

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 16, 2013
How much do white Pekin ducks eat in the first 3 months (12 weeks)?

tryin to do some figurin' and I settled on 10 ducks eat 20lb. in 3 months? that sound about right?

Naw, I bought a 50 lb bag of starter and they (and some chicks for a bit) were feeding off and just finished the 2nd one at 12 weeks in. I was wondering if anyone knew a good number for each individual duckling...

Cherry and Morris (2008. Domestic duck production: science and practice) give a cumulative feed intake of about 8.5 kilos at 48 days with a duckling mass of about 3.25 kilo average.

Clint

Cherry and Morris (2008. Domestic duck production: science and practice) give a cumulative feed intake of about 8.5 kilos at 48 days with a duckling mass of about 3.25 kilo average.

Clint
so about 20 lbs for a 4 pound duck?

times 15 ducks / 50 lb bags equals six bags?

that doesn't seem right... I just fed 10 with about 75 pounds...

I did get them when they've grown a few weeks, not from day one so there is error there...

Scott and Dean give a conversion efficiency of about 2.9 kg/ kg mass gain for a 2800 kcal/me diet. I am not sure how you expect them to be cometely efficient in feed conversion...

Clint

thank you for your input. I must have gotten mine 4 maybe 5 weeks old, I still have half the second bag out there. no matter how conservative I do the math, it always comes out good :)

I have found that each one of my ducks will eat about 1/3 of a pound of food per day

Back
Top Bottom