DUCK FOOD ? where to buy

Graceful Acres

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Georgia
Good morning,
can someone help me...................I would like to know where to buy duck food that has only 16% protein ? What brand? I know that my local TSC does not sell anything for ducks. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Flock raiser by purina is ok, Nutrena all flock is ok. You can cut feed by also offering oats and black oil sunflower seeds. This is all for adult and juvenile aged ducks not ducklings. You won't find the Nutrena at a TSC you need to shop at a locally owned feed store. Both Purima and Nutrena have find a local dealer features on their websites.

We feed Mazuri waterfowl feed to our ducks and geese. They make a starter type food, a maintenance and a breeder. They float on water, are small in size, have less waste when they eat and I like the way our birds look being fed it.

Good luck on your search.

My ducklings will be 5 weeks old this coming Wednesday 4-11-12. I have been giving them chick starter from the beginning and just noticed on one of them that their wings look a little funny. I'm figuring it may be angel wing. I want to go today and buy the right food for them. So................for this age..................what should they eat?

I can only get Purina [must have a monopoly in these parts] but the Flock Raiser can be fed from hatch till death. so thats what i use, pellets when i don't have chicks and ducklings, crumbles when i do. I have used FR since I started with ducks almost 9 years now and I like the product, you can mix oatmeal reg into it when ducklings to cut the protein and also add some brewers yeast sprinkled on top to help with niacin. All the best.

CelticOakFarms,
I'm calling around right now to locate the Mazuri. How much of that would I feed 5 week old ducklings each day? I did look at their website earlier. They offer 5 different bags for ducks. The starter has 20% protein , then the next bag, I believe, drops down to 14%. It doesn't appear they have one with 16%.

Hi graceful acres...i use the Purina duck food for my geese & when i had ducks also. Its the best I get it from Western Reserve feed store. If i try to buy anything else they wont eat it not even the Mazuri. ;) Best of luck!

I noticed the Mazuri waterfowl breeder food has 17% protein. Are my duckys too young to eat the breeder food? I wished I would have asked these questions a few weeks ago :(

I noticed the Mazuri waterfowl breeder food has 17% protein. Are my duckys too young to eat the breeder food? I wished I would have asked these questions a few weeks ago :(

Might be a good idea to go on their website and compare. That way you'll know if it's okay to use on young ducklings. My goose ducks and chickens all eat the same feed.

Back
Top Bottom