Duck Frozen to Ice Happy Ending

Luvducks

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Colorado
My Khaki Campbell was wet from swimming and I guess he decided to sun himself. It was sunny yesterday but very cold. When i went to check on everyone in the afternoon he was frozen to the ground and could not get up. I kept pouring warm water around him until he was free. I am so glad that is all it was. at first I did not know what was wrong with him. SO BEWARE your ducks do not become stuck and become predator food!

D.gif
clap.gif

He was in his covered pen too. I cannot let them out unless I can be out to supervise. i did not think about this happening and hope it does not happen to other ducks.

My female call duck froze herself into their water dish last winter. They had a large dog water dish for water. I filled it in the afternoon in the morning I went out and she was frozen into it. I almost had a heart attack. I picked the whole thing up, carried her into the house and set it on a heat vent, after it started to loosen I ran some room temp water over it to speed it along. She was fine, kept her inside that night. She never did do it again, so she is at least smart. Well, at least she learned. I should have taken pics, I have had lots of ducks and it is ver cold here, she was the first one that did that.

Back
Top Bottom