Duck genders?

Gcsadie

In the Brooder
May 27, 2018
Hello, this is my first post and just wondering if anyone can tell me what gender my three ducks are. I think I have two female and a male because of their quacks but I’m not really sure! The two that I think are female are a little smaller than the one I think is a male. The one I think is a male has more of a dark coloring on his wings and sounds raspier. Just wanted help clarifying! Thanks.

Also...trying to figure out how to add a photo! Hope it worked

Attachments

• A78A23BA-0B6B-48AB-91AF-EAD628366088.jpeg
    A78A23BA-0B6B-48AB-91AF-EAD628366088.jpeg
    976.6 KB · Views: 24
Did The picture I attached not got through? I’m still trying to figure out how to do all this. I have more pictures of them I hope they will be good enough. If not I can try to get some tomorrow morning.

The pics are to far zoomed out to be able to tell feather coloring
Ok I will have to get better photos tomorrow of the two that I *think* are ladies. I did zoom in on the first photo I attached of the one that I think is a male. I have tons of photos but some of the pictures have their tail feathers cut out of the frame so that doesn’t help hahaha. They all have orange feet though so that’s also confusing. Ok let me get this one I zoomed in on of the assume boy. This is the only duck with what looks like black on the wings.

Attachments

• BFD9307C-5D42-450E-B06C-C8277CF824D6.png
    BFD9307C-5D42-450E-B06C-C8277CF824D6.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
HI I have 5 ducks just like yours. I think I have 2 males, with the same coloring in the wing feathers and the raspy voices, and the other three are I'm hoping are female because they are all shades of brown and they quack. I hope we are right! :highfive:

HI I have 5 ducks just like yours. I think I have 2 males, with the same coloring in the wing feathers and the raspy voices, and the other three are I'm hoping are female because they are all shades of brown and they quack. I hope we are right! :highfive:
It is so crazy! The two I think are girls QUACK and they can get loud but the other one sounds like it has a sore throat. It’s also a touch bigger than the other two.

Back
Top Bottom