Duck Genotypes

WhiteTreeOfGondor

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf
Apr 26, 2021
Upstate South Carolina
Could someone please tell me what the standard color genotypes for these duck breeds are? I'm not sure how to tell just by looking at them, I'm still learning how the genetics work and playing with the calculator.

Silver Welsh Harlequin
Buff Orpington
White Layer
Ancona (The common black)
Khaki Campbell

Also, I read that lavender is 1 blue with chocolate, and lilac is 2 blue with chocolate. But the Calculator comes up with lilac for the 1 blue and lavender for the 2. Which is correct?

I'm curious what a fawn and white indian runner in the US would be on that calculator, I've been playing with it and can't seem to figure it out. Pencilled is the closest thing I've found but I'm not certain its correct?

I would guess that the pencilled one is right for fawn and white runners, but I can't say for sure. Hopefully someone knows. I'm having the same issue with some breeds. I'd especially like to know whether the Ancona is M+ or m^d, or a mix or either one or what. I can't find much information doing searches.

I would guess that the pencilled one is right for fawn and white runners, but I can't say for sure. Hopefully someone knows. I'm having the same issue with some breeds. I'd especially like to know whether the Ancona is M+ or m^d, or a mix or either one or what. I can't find much information doing searches.
That's what I thought, but either my hatchery stock ducks are hiding some interesting colors that are not evident, or that's not right. Because while I have multiple females of different breeds, I only have 3 drakes, and the combinations with my drakes don't seem right for what that calculator says I should get. I hatched 6 almost 2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom