Duck has a lump?!?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by babykay1994, Jul 23, 2013.

1. babykay1994

babykay1994 Hatching

May 25, 2013
    I have six ducks and they are all about full grown except one. She is still almost as small as when I got her. We noticed a lump pretty big on her chest located about where when she quacks you see the chest go in and out its a little under that. What could this be?!? She eats and drinks she can run fairly fast but she doesn't take the pins off of her feather, her growth is stunted, and she lays around outside while the others are off eating bugs and such, she doesn't have all of her feathers in and this lump has me concerned, very concerned. Any suggestions? Could it be a tumor? Could this be why she never really runs around or swims, or take off her pins):

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

[​IMG] Can you get a pic of your duck full chest view so we can see what your talking about? sometimes when someone says lump on chest makes me think crop full of feed which can look like a tumor if your not sure what it is. when you say about full grown what age are we talking? and taking the pins off not sure what that means? does she still have feathers coming in?

3. babykay1994

babykay1994 Hatching

May 25, 2013
    I can try to get a picture but she's a little feisty. They are about to be four months and she is the only one that is still tiny. She still has feathers coming in but she just won't take the pins off of them.(the cases the feathers come in with)

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

They will fall off on their own. She could have something genetically going on, maybe a heart condition. That maybe one reason why your not seeing her as active as the rest and her small size. But being feisty is a good thing. [​IMG] what breed?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: