Duck has really thick membrane

How is the membrane tough? - In comparison to other duck eggs or compared to chicken eggs.?
When our ducks started to lay, we were shocked about how thick and sturdy the egg shells were and how tough the membrane was. - All we knew were store bought chicken eggs whose shells are fragile and membranes which rupture when being looked at.

How is the membrane tough? - In comparison to other duck eggs or compared to chicken eggs.?
When our ducks started to lay, we were shocked about how thick and sturdy the egg shells were and how tough the membrane was. - All we knew were store bought chicken eggs whose shells are fragile and membranes which rupture when being looked at.

Like the baby duck can break the egg shell but not the membrane. None of my baby ducks will hatch alone because the membrane is like a thick almost elastic/ paper. They break the shell then the membrane shrink wraps with no holes. I have actually tried to save a few and I have to use micro scissors to get through. I've lost every one because of this weither they sit on them to hatch or incubator

Back
Top Bottom