1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Hatched in Bra

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RubberDucky9000, Apr 19, 2016.

1. RubberDucky9000

RubberDucky9000 New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    Started off as an experiment and it successfully worked, i hatched a freakin duck egg in my bra [​IMG][​IMG], under my boob since day 1 besides when i would take a shower and place it on a heat pad until i got out i no longer have an incubator or lamp so that was out of the question. Seriously cannot believe it freakin worked, has anyone else tried this or know someone who has?

2. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    [​IMG]

3. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    I didn't raise it from day one like that but I did hatch my first duck, a mallard drake, in my bra. I found him as an egg without a nest outside my school and when I picked him up I felt him move so I put him in my bra and he hatched later that day in there. I was thinking about trying to hatch an egg that way though, it seems like it'd be interesting. Can you go into detail about how you hatched it, like how you turned it and what you did during the day while it was in there, did you sit at home or did you go about your day like normal? How did you sleep with an egg in your bra? Things like that.

4. RubberDucky9000

RubberDucky9000 New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    Just turned it like normal I have huge boobs(not to be tmi or anything) so id just put the egg under my breast and it would stay in place all day, for humidity id wrap the egg in a damp paper towel and just place it back in my bra, I sit at a desk all day so yea I just go about my day, its not even noticeable, I don't sleep with a bra on and I sleep on my stomach sortaaaaa like the 2nd sleeping position below. When I go to sleep I just sleep how I normally do, one pillow under my breasts, then another pillow one arm under for support and the other arm and my head on top, except just with a duck egg between my boobs and the pillow.[​IMG]

5. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    The sleeping question was the first one for me! I sleep on my stomach, I can't imagine trying to catch some zzz's with a duck egg in my bra.

6. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    not to be lewd but i think it would be required to be XX size to be successful with a hatch, the egg would need to be in enough contact to stay at temp, the smaller the breast the less likely that is to happen and that goes up in proportion to the egg size.

7. RubberDucky9000

RubberDucky9000 New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    Lol it honestly wasent hard at all, if i fall asleep in one position i stay asleep in that position, between soft pillows and boobs lol no worry in crushing it plus duck egg shells are quite hard.

8. RubberDucky9000

RubberDucky9000 New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    Lol i agree, at least my huge boobs are good for something rather than back problems and never being able to find cute bras :( lol

9. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    I couldn't sleep like that, I can't tell you how many times I've woken up on the floor after rolling off my bed! This is really cool, what kind of duck is it and how's it doing?

10. RubberDucky9000

RubberDucky9000 New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    Its an Anacona and its doing great!! :)
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by