BDB663CE-7804-4A44-8855-B63094D8ADEB.jpeg
A8ECE555-A5E7-4C1A-B4CF-08A21D5D9753.jpeg
1F1E6C36-B018-4156-A396-0461E28EEE2D.jpeg
D01A4878-7DB0-42C6-AA8A-4A472DA1756D.jpeg
2A0D13BF-ABA7-484B-8EC1-50BEB3A3229A.jpeg
CDF071F5-6B68-4D77-BBF8-30745A559F31.jpeg
75EF4A82-5C82-487D-BFDA-3AB9A4C7BFD3.jpeg
D318C053-CE5E-49CF-9633-38A7B0C5CFA6.jpeg
i have duck hatching eggs for sale! They are coming from my flock of 2 crested blue Swedish drakes over Rouen, Pekin, Welsh Harlequin, and blue Ancona ducks. I recently got a 100% Hatch on 10 eggs. Out of the hatch I got
1 crested blue Ancona
1 crested blue mallard
3 blue Ancona
2 Black Swedish
1 blue mallard
2 blue Swedish
Eggs are $3 apiece plus $10-$15 shipping depending on how many you get. I always ship extras.

Last edited:
I'm confused. So are all the ducks mixed breeds or do you have breeding pairs of all the breeds mentioned?
I said the eggs are coming from my flock of blue Swedish crested males OVER a Pekin, Rouen, Welsh Harlequin, and blue Ancona which means I have one pen with 2 purebred blue Swedish males breeding with a purebred Pekin, 2 purebred Rouens, 1 purebred blue Ancona, and 1 purebred Welsh Harlequin. Out of those breedings you can get blue Ancona, blue Swedish, black Swedish, and blue mallard.

Sounds as if they are all mixed breed if I am understanding correctly and you are not selling Swedish ducklings since none of your females are also Swedish even though your original post says you have blue and black Swedish eggs available.

Sounds as if they are all mixed breed if I am understanding correctly and you are not selling Swedish ducklings since none of your females are also Swedish even though your original post says you have blue and black Swedish eggs available.
Ok this is what I’m saying. When you breed blue Swedish drakes to the females i have you get blue Swedish because that’s what color it produces when you breed blue Swedish to blue Ancona or blue Swedish to Welsh Harlequin. You have to understand genetics to understand this. If you breed a recessive white bird to another white bird, you get pure white even though the recessive white bird is not an actual white bird. I hatched eggs from these and got blue Swedish, black Swedish, blue Ancona, blue mallard. Those are the hatchlings you get from the genetics of my birds. I’m never said I was selling purebred blue and black Swedish eggs I said that those are the offspring you can get. Just because the hens are not blue and black Swedish DOES NOT mean you don’t get blue and black Swedish.

This proves what I’m tying to say. See this genetics calculator? It says that if you breed a blue Swedish male to a Rouen(mallard) hen, you get blue and black Swedish.
6DFFEADD-517B-4A80-A4F6-AF5649395E43.png

I guess what I'm saying is that just because a bird is blue with a bib it doesn't make it a blue Swedish, it's still a mixed breed duckling and may not breed true if I add it to my Swedish flock to bring in some new blood. I understand that you will get a variety of colors resulting from your various crosses; I do not doubt that. They look like lovely ducklings; they are just not right for my flock. I'm sure you will find someone who will love to incubate them, surprise eggs can be lots of fun.

I guess what I'm saying is that just because a bird is blue with a bib it doesn't make it a blue Swedish, it's still a mixed breed duckling and may not breed true if I add it to my Swedish flock to bring in some new blood. I understand that you will get a variety of colors resulting from your various crosses; I do not doubt that. They look like lovely ducklings; they are just not right for my flock. I'm sure you will find someone who will love to incubate them, surprise eggs can be lots of fun.
Ok. I don’t false advertise in my posting, I just stated whose the parents and the ducklings you can get out of them. If I bred one of the blue Swedish duckling that hatched to my blue Swedish male I would get blue Swedish ducklings. The only difference if that the duckling has a hidden gene for another color that could pop up once in ever so so generation.

Semantics. I thought Swedish was the name of a duck breed, not a color pattern. Perhaps I am mistaken. :confused: Apologies. I am not here to argue, I was just trying to sort out whether they were mixed breed or pure bred eggs for sale and you answered that. Thanks.

Semantics. I thought Swedish was the name of a duck breed, not a color pattern. Perhaps I am mistaken. :confused: Apologies. I am not here to argue, I was just trying to sort out whether they were mixed breed or pure bred eggs for sale and you answered that. Thanks.
Yes Swedish is the name, but blue bibbed is it’s color. Rouen is a name but mallard is the color. Is doesn’t do bred genetics it does color genetics.

Back
Top Bottom