Duck Hatching Eggs!

learycow

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Southern Maine
Duck Hatching Eggs for sale!

I have quite the variety, so if you are looking for a fun batch to stick in your incubator, here you go!
Here's what I have so you can see the variety:
Black swedish (hens only)
Blue swedish (hens and drakes, crested)
Buff (hens only)
Fawn and white runner (hens and drakes)
Khaki campbell (hens and drakes)
Ancona (hens and drakes)
Pekin (hens and drakes)
Rouen (only 1 hen)
Welsh harlequin (hens and drakes)
Cayuga (hens and drakes)
Muscovy (hens and drakes, the hens are currently not laying and the drakes don't seem to be active)

6325245257_4fffa134d6.jpg

6325997000_682735d690.jpg

6325241927_9f3c7cb477.jpg

Everyone is free-ranging together. They do tend to hang out with their own breed (I raised them in breed specific groups) but as ducks are they tend to mate with any color/shape/or size! So there is a possibility for pure or mixed breeds in this lot.

This is for 10 eggs, collected the day they are laid. Shipping is a flat rate of $20. I prefer payment of a cashiers check or money order, but if that's a problem PM me and we can sort out another way. My fertility has been EXCELLENT.

Yes, I sell eggs and ducks year-round and ducklings most of the time.
Right now everyone is running together, so I can't guarantee any pure eggs.
I can ship them and they are available for pick up at the farm. I just need to know ahead of time so I can set them aside and not refrigerate them!
Let me know, send me a PM or email.

Thanks for your response. The only duck type I don't like is muscovy... and I'm not a huge fan of runner or crested. And I'd prefer something that doesn't fly well. Have anything that fits that bill as an egg or soon to be born duckling?

I just lost my male duck to a predator on Monday which freaked out my female duck who flew away. They were mallard x call. I really only want ducks for their poop for my garden. Plus they're cute swimming in my little kiddie pool. Eggs are a plus, too. I don't mind hatching them but I really only want to end up with 2 ducks. I'd be ok with picking up day old ducklings, but not much older as I'd like them to imprint. I'm near Augusta so it's not too bad of a drive.

I don't have anything due to hatch right now. I am done until Jan-Feb. The youngest I have are 3 week old muscovy, but you don't want those!

As for the eggs, I only have 1 runner hen and 1 runner drake. So your chances of a runner are very slim.
Same with the crested, I only have 1 hen and 1 drake that are crested.

The majority of my ducks are khaki campbell- great egg production, pekin- also great egg production, swedish- mine are all currently laying, and welsh harlequins- also excellent for eggs. None of them fly.
I don't think you have to worry about the muscovy getting in there. The hens aren't laying, and as I stated before, the drake I have isn't doing anything at all (that I've seen, they can be sneaky though).

The last batch I hatched was a month or so ago. I got mostly khaki campbells, a few swedish, and rouens (I am only down to 1 rouen hen now though).

As for fertility, my fertility rate with these eggs has been excellent. I just sent some to Hawaii and 8 out of 9 developed (even after traveling all that way!!!) So if you've hatched eggs before and know the drill, then you should definitely get more than 2 ducklings out of these eggs. Plus, if you can pick them up I can sell you more than just 10. I get roughly 12-14 eggs per day, so I can collect them for as many days in a row as you would like
smile.png

I've hatched a ton of chicken eggs. Never duck, although I know they're harder. I'm not sure I want 10 eggs though! Goodness what a mess that would be in the brooder (it was bad enough with two), and I can imagine this time of year isn't really great for getting rid of excess ducklings! Could I come by and get 5 or 6 eggs? I'd be ok with the campbell, swedish, pekin or harlequin mixes.

Or maybe I should just not press my luck and wait til you hatch again.

Well you can pick up as many or as few eggs as you would like. The last woman only wanted 6 from me, and ended up hatching 5 ducklings from them. So it's up to you as to how many you would like.

Send me a message or email if you would like to pick some up. Then I can send you my address and we can arrange a time that works for the both of us
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom