Duck Hatching Eggs!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by learycow, Nov 16, 2011.

1. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Up for grabs is 10 duck hatching eggs. The cost for the eggs is $8, shipping is a flat rate of $20 (this also includes insurance and tracking when it is shipped).

I have many different breeds but right now they are all free-ranging together. You have an equal chance of pure or mixed breed ducklings from these eggs. Each breed was raised together so they tend to hang out with their own breed, but the drakes do tend to mate with any duck, no matter what color, shape or size! [​IMG]

Here's what I have:
    Black Swedish (hens only)
    Blue Swedish, crested (hens and drakes)
    Buff (hens only)
    Khaki Campbell (hens and drakes)
    Pekins (hens and drakes)
    Ancona (hens and drakes)
    Cayuga (hens and drake)
    Fawn and white runner (hens and drake)
    Welsh Harlequins (temporarily separated for some pure eggs for another BYC'er)

There are also some muscovy free-ranging with them. The hens have stopped laying until spring, and the drakes aren't active (that I've seen, but they can be sneaky). They tend to only hang out with the other muscovy, but I wanted to let people know that way they aren't completely surprised if they end up with a muscovy or a cross.

I have had EXCELLENT fertility with these eggs! I have 2-3 hens per drake, so I expect the fertility to stay high. The last 2 batches I sent out, 8 out of 9 developed and 9 out of 10 developed!
    If you have any questions, please PM me. I mail out the eggs the day they are collected. I only mail them on a Monday or Tuesday that way they don't get stuck at a post office over the weekend [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of the flock from this summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by