Duck Help Needed - Upstate NY - Rehoming Hatchlings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LoveKnits, Dec 2, 2008.

1. LoveKnits

LoveKnits New Egg

Oct 22, 2008
    Hilton, NY
    I have 4 indian runner eggs due to hatch very soon. Unfortunately due to unplanned health circumstances beyond my control, I can't keep them! (Believe me if I had expected this I NEVER would have tried hatching them!) Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I don't want to just give them off to be slaughtered or something, they're wonderful little duckies. I wish I could leave them with a ducksitter so we could visit them but I know that's unlikely. Any Help is GREATLY appreciated. We are in Hilton, NY (14468) for location purposes.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    what are you asking?...

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I think that she is saying that due to health she either has to leave or cant be around them, but doesnt want them thrown away or killed.

4. LoveKnits

LoveKnits New Egg

Oct 22, 2008
    Hilton, NY
    That's what I'm saying (sorry I word things badly.) Basically, I can't keep them where I'm at, because I won't be able to care for them. But I don't want to just toss them out, so I need to know if anyone knows where I could let them go so they wont' die.

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i dont know how far you are from me...i live in mass..i can pm you my zip...

6. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Too bad you don't live closer...I'd take them and give them a GREAT home!!! [​IMG] Oh well! I've looked for runners on several occasions with NO LUCK!!! [​IMG] It figures!!! [​IMG]

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    pm sent..

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ahh!..i think we are about just under 6 hours away!..dang!...i know there are BYC people from NY here....i would start another post asking New Yorkers to help..i bet you will get lots of hits!...best of luck to you!,,Wendy

9. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i am in the syracuse area.

10. billiebrat

billiebrat Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Altoona, PA
    I am in PA, too far away I am sure, or I would take them in a heartbeat. I have 2 very spoiled runners now and want to get more in the spring or maybe they will take care of that for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by