Duck house and pond

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thetruthpays, May 4, 2017.

1. thetruthpays

thetruthpays Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    Arkansas
    Hello everyone let me just say that I am new to this thread. And I am looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas as well as reading your post. So let me get to it. I have 6 ducks and many chickens. However I would like for my ducks to have their own house and pond area just for them. We have already started digging the pond one side is 4 ft deep and the rest of it is about 1st deep as we didn't get a chance to finish digging due to all the rain. He's my dilemma. I want the pond to be natural as it is in natural so I really want a Natural pond that blends in with the normal land and to not look as if it was just thrown there. I am working if I can use a pump and filter with no liner because I do want to keep it as clean as possible. Right now it is very muddy looking because we were trying to get dirt out while it is full. #badidea lol. Also they will not stay out of it. I guess they like the muddy mess. Thanks for reading this looking forward to ideas and photos. I have posted a few photos of mine.

2. thetruthpays

May 3, 2017
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

3. thetruthpays

May 3, 2017
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Sorry but this is the only way it would allow me to add my photos

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under thetruthpays [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I know next to nothing about ducks and even less on building them a pond but BYC does have a Duck Forum and the folks there know their stuff: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great links already from Teila, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  6. thetruthpays

May 3, 2017
    Arkansas
    Thank you both so much for making me feel welcome. Will be posting about my chickens as well...

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. thetruthpays

May 3, 2017
    Arkansas
    Oh and thank you for the information as well! !!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by