Rainplace - Thanks for that list, I hadn't thought of a few of those.
When I search on Craigstlist I also search for
- kennel (my first pen will probably be a dog kennel)
- wood (I have ideas for building my own and I keep an eye out for free wood
- pond (in case someone dismantles a pond and wants to sell liner, pump cheap)
- sandbox/pool (children's toys usable as a pond)
- pallet/ shipping crate (good, cheap wood sources)
Oh, if you're looking for material search the free section:
umm... I'm having a brain bubble... but those searches usually turn up people who have torn up their decks and fences. Can be a lot of usable wood (the downside is usually you have to take it all) Here sometimes I see the extras that people bought and they just want them gone. The plywood I see is usually in odd shapes.. leftovers from someone elses projects. This search can also pop up cedar siding, sometimes even if it's old it's worth it to go look. If that sort of wood floats your boat...
... works too
Go to farm and garden and search
some people have made some incredible rabbit hutches.
My problem right now is that I don't have a working truck. And when I did, I live on an island, and just can't get to stuff fast enough.