Duck Housing

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bfeusner, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bfeusner

bfeusner Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I just recently increased the size of my flock of ducks...I now have four khaki campbells, 1 pekin, and 1 "brown" duck that I am not really sure what she is (very similar to a khaki campbell though)...The flock is currently housed in a 6'x8' chain link dog kennel and seem happy. I want to increase their are to include the kiddie pool that I have and give them more room to roam around in...I do not have much money as I have recently expanded my chicken housing as well...Could you please post any ideas or pics you have that could help me decide a cheap option for increasing the size of the run for my ducks...The are they live in right now is currently covered with a tarp on the top and at least 1/2 of each side so they stay pretty warm and dry...I really need to get this finished quickly so any suggestions as welcomed!

2. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Hmmm... have any scraps or leftovers on your property? If not, you might browse your local CraigsList and/or paper for stuff. I haven't been here that long, but I've seen some lovely ingenuity on this list using old greenhouse bones, used 2x4's, cut barrels, and chicken wire scraps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by