Duck hurt dont know what ia going on!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crazyducklady23, Oct 11, 2015.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @crazyducklady , @Miss Lydia is right, the green could be from her not eating, but it could also be disease and/or infection.

-Kathy

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    K main reason I want her to see if it changes since her duck started eating good today. Lets hope the poop begins to look normal.

3. crazyducklady23

crazyducklady23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    So lastnight I felt around to see if she was egg bound and didn't feel anything. She seemed to have ate more and is still drinking all her water with the nutria drench. I put her in a small tub of hot water out by her duck friends and she got extremely happy to see them. After her swim I took her back into her pen and placed her in there I tried getting her to stand on her own. She stood for a while but at first wouldn't spread her feet out they were kind of just bunched together? I moved her feet more of a natural flat position and she continued to stand she tried to walk and then fell like normal. Her poop is starting to be more brown now but it still watery. She is still very alert to her surroundings is still eating (not as much as I would like her to though) and is drinking a lot of water. Still no signs of being in pain.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Poop pictures would be helpful.

-Kathy

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Well even standing for a few min is an accomplishment right? give her time and you said Hot water I hope you meant warm and please Poop pics @casportpony is expert on poop. and can tell you alot by seeing it.

6. crazyducklady23

Aug 17, 2015
    yep warm water, haha , and I will get some pictures as soon as I get home.

7. crazyducklady23

Aug 17, 2015
    Tried getting pictures but it all just looks like water? I put her in the tub for a warm bath again and she stood about half way up when I went to pick her up which I was happy to see. She ate more of her food which is also good she pooped in the tub it was dark green and only had a few small small clumps to it. I tried to get a picture but she went to town in the water and stirred it all up.

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sounds like she is making progress, just like with any injury it just takes time to heal just keep up with the warm water therapy and vitamins and TLC hopefully progress will continue. I doubt she'll lay an egg while she is recuperating it's probably taking all her strength just to heal.

9. crazyducklady23

Aug 17, 2015
    Update...my duck stood up on her own today still can't wallk without fallling face first. She keeps her one foot smudged together not sure if her toes may be broken or what? Swims great and uses both of them in the warm water. Also finally got a good poop pic! Never thought I would use that sentence in life!:lau[​IMG]

10. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I wonder if there's some kind of blockage . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by