Duck id

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by daegorn, Aug 22, 2010.

1. daegorn

daegorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Pahrump
    I rescued this duck, she is more upright then my Peking, has a blk beak and is loving her new home. I have 8 mallards that I hatched after they lost their mom, all are girls! All ducks get along well. I also have 18 chickens, 1 horse, 2 dogs and 2 cats. It is some site when all the kids, plus my 7 year old son are in the yard!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    SHe looks like a lovely lavender colored runner.... Sometimes Splash colored runners can come out all light gray with dark bills like this too.... but more likely she is lavender.

She also looks like she had fawn and white in her... I can see some fawn feathers peeking through... very pretty ducky!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  3. daegorn

daegorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Pahrump
    I have to tell you that my son named her Ming Ming! Do you think she could be a Runner/Pekin x?

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Quote:She could be, especially with a rescue. I'm glad you rescued her as runners don't really fly that much and may have trouble escaping a predator. I worry about them when I see them in lakes out in the open.

5. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Yes, definitley part Runner. She is cute!

6. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    She's beautiful. How old are your mallards? They all look like girls when they're adolescents. I was real surprised when mine turned into a male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by