Duck ID

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sylverfly, May 4, 2011.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    So here are my little ducks, now going on 3 months. I think I have Buffs, Pekins, and fawn and white runners there are four I’m still unsure of. Are the brown ducks chocolate runners? And the one pic of the lone duck, what is he? He has grayish feathers coming in almost a purple color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ?
    [​IMG]
    back
    [​IMG]
    wing
    [​IMG]

2. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

Those are chocolate runners, and the lone duck looks like a buff runner. Nice duckies!

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a duck that looks like that but her beak is a dark pinky brown colour. I have no idea what colour to call her. I also have another 1 like yours white with dark beak and flecks of grey thu her where as the 1st one is more buffy colourd thru her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Thanks for the replies, pretty ducks gofasterstripe how old are they? oh and I will tell my ducks that you think they are nice looking DuckyGurl, after they hear that I'll have to make the coop bigger so they can fit their swelled heads inside I'm sure.

5. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    The lone duck looks simaler to my runner girl Frances. She came from a flock with balck, blue and fawn (not to be confused with fawn and white)
    I assume she's a blue/fawn cross. Maybe your's is too?

Emily

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by