duck identification

connervillefarm

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 27, 2014

Hi all!
New to BYC! I have been raising chickens for several years now. This past summer we adopted a few ducks. Does anyone know what kind of ducks we have? I have included a photo. One has a little tuft of feathers on its head..

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What cutie pies! Looks like BantamLover is helping you out with the breed. If you have any questions or need help with them, stop by our ducks section for all kinds of help. You can share pics, stories and chat with lots of other duck owners there too...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy them and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you

If one of the ducks has a crest of feathers on its head, it is not a Blue Swedish. It may be a crested duck mix. The other one, if it doesn't have a crest, could be a Blue Swedish, as it does look a bit like one.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you

If one of the ducks has a crest of feathers on its head, it is not a Blue Swedish. It may be a crested duck mix. The other one, if it doesn't have a crest, could be a Blue Swedish, as it does look a bit like one.

To me, the crest just looked like a little bit of duckling fuzz that was left. I don't think it's a true crest.

A lot of the ducklings in the pen looked like they were wearing little jewish yamakas and some did not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom