Duck in love?

priss

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Isle of Wight
So I got three call mutt girls and just before Christmas I got a call mutt boy (Larry). He is madly madly in love with our little girl Rory. I mean he adores her. He won't go anywhere without her, he gets mad when you pick her up, he just loves her to tiny little pieces. Butttt get this, he hasn't mated her. He mated our littlest, probably a dominance thing because she was awful to him. He mates the boss girl (when she invites him, otherwise he is a bit scared of her cos even though she is littler she is STILL the boss and kicks his butt lol) but he has never mated Rory. Has anyone seen this? He is so in love with her, he is too nervous to mate her? Does that make any sense at all? And the weird thing is, she is the most maternal out the three, she is the only one who sits on her eggs and who really wants babies. Doog and Mr Snoogles couldn't be bothered to sit on their eggs but Rory will sit on any eggs she can find!
Any light anyone can shed? Anyone heard of this before? I mean our boss girl Snoog mounts her and goes through the motions lol! With Larry lookin on really confused lol!
Aaaand wait, cos it wouldn't be BYC if a picture wasn't appreciated...here is a gratuitous picture for yoo!!

Here is Rory

41074_p1340301.jpg

And here is Larry

41074_p1340306.jpg

He loves her so bad that in the morning when I let them out the hut, if Rory is the last out, he will run back up the ramp for her. It is too precious.

Maybe they're just best friends or he thinks she's family, lol!

Or maybe he's waiting for the right time or situation - maybe she's his soul mate haha!

Does she display to him at all? If she doesn't then he might not bother trying, even if he is in love with her
smile.png

How sweet!!! But I was rather hoping to read the Doog and Larry had finally come to realise they were meant for each other.

I have two ducks that I swear are " in love" - but in my case Noggin does mate with Stevie- Ray. Stevie is sight impaired and Noggin is her protector he looks after her- he wont go into the night pens unless I have picked her up to carry her in- and when outside he talks to her so she can follow his voice around the yard. She can see some light/ dark - and even some colour- but does rely so much on Noggin.

Being that you spend so much time with your ducks- you would be noticing who is doing who- but is Rory laying eggs at the moment?? If so you could always break some open and check for fertility- If they were- you would know that Larry and Rory were having secret meetings.

Lol no Doog and Larry still hate each other's guts!!
Doog is the only one laying at the moment. Rory has never given Larry the come on, but she still gives Mr Snoogles the come on, who mounts her (even though she's also a girl) in front of a bemused Larry lol!
I really think I am inclined to think that Larry has put Rory on such a pedestal that he has performance anxiety lol! Could that even be possible for ducks? lol!!
What's funny is that once Doog quit chasin Larry and Larry started chasin Doog, then Rory kicked his butt for two weeks. So he doesn't love her cos she was the nicest to him. In a sense Mr Snoogles has been the nicest to him because she hasn't spent an entire two weeks tormenting him! She just gets him when the mood hits her or when he is being a super pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom