Duck in teh box

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dragonshiner, Jun 23, 2008.

1. dragonshiner

dragonshiner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Okay, as some of you may know I was already having a tough week as I lost one of my favorite ducks to a leg injury that spread to the rest of her body. Last Friday I thought I had lost yet another. I was preparing to go out of town for the weekend and when I went to check on the kids I found that Nike was missing. Nike is the only indian runner I have so he was rather noticable. We had thought that he had either gotten lost or eaten and I spent a weekend away very bummed. This morning my fiance woke me up to tell me that as he was mowing the lawn he moved an overturned wooden box next to the coop and out sprung nike! He must have gotten caught under it last Friday and been there for days unnoticed. He went right to the water and feed and gobbled it down. he looks a little thin and weary but we think he'll recover from the ordeal just fine.
    Shoulda named him Houdini.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Wow! I'm so thankful that he's Ok and you found him when you did.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Wow, lucky duck!

4. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    I'm not sure whether he's a poor fellow for being stuck for so long or a lucky ducky for coming out of it ok.[​IMG] Hurray for happy endings!

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:Indeed he is!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by