duck incubation??help

jackrooster

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Maine
I have a LG incubator and i want to hatch some duckling! Can you tell me the temp i need and humidity for the egg?? and where can i find a turner or do i have to do it my self??

prettty slow on here tonight lol alot of ppl on here know everything about incubation.... Ive read alot of posts .. Im sure someone will answer..everyone must be busy tonight...(prbly gettin kids ready to go back to shcool hee hee)

incubate at 37.5 degrees C with 55% humidity and at the last three days drop temp a degree and up the humidity to 75%, turn the eggs 3 times a day if turning by hand and stop turning in the last three days. These are just the conditions I use but everyone has different opinions.

I do 100.5 degrees in a still air and around 60% humidity days 0-25 then up humidity to between 70-80% for lockdown and drop temp to 99.5 deg. I find they pip very soon after you go into lockdown but then can take days to actually hatch. I don't mist the eggs, some people do. And I use an egg turner, some people don't like to for duck eggs - personal choice really.
With eggs from my own ducks this year I had 24 out of 25 hatch (in 4 separate hatches) and about a 50% hatch rate on shipped eggs.
Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom