Duck Incubation?

bthastalent

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2017
Hi
It is the 17th day of hatching my Runner Ducks. I understand that I need to stop turning the eggs and raise the humidity on day 25 but I'm very confused about the humidity. What humidity should I have it at on day 25 to 28? And if the humidity drops should I open the incubator to add water or just leave it. I've looked all over the internet and there are many different answers but I'd like a second opinion. Thank You.

Hi
It is the 17th day of hatching my Runner Ducks. I understand that I need to stop turning the eggs and raise the humidity on day 25 but I'm very confused about the humidity. What humidity should I have it at on day 25 to 28? And if the humidity drops should I open the incubator to add water or just leave it. I've looked all over the internet and there are many different answers but I'd like a second opinion. Thank You.
What's your humidity now? Most use a straw and stick it in the inc so you don't have to open it. With mine I have a hole I can put water through so I don't need to.

My humidity is currently 55%. I do have a hole which a straw could fit through. Thanks for the great idea. What humidity should it be at on the last 3 days?

Last edited:
My humidity is currently 55%. I do have a hole which a straw could fit through. Thanks for the great idea. What humidity should it be at on the last 3 days?

55? Have you checked your air cells to make sure the eggs are losing enough moisture? IMO, 55 throughout incubation is a bit on the high side... for last 3 days, 65% is ideal...

I incubate mine at 50-55% and normally get 100% hatch rate, however it does depend on your climate.

65% humidity is ideal for lockdown, but you'll find that once they start hatching, that the humidity will shoot up, which is absolutely fine.

Good luck :)

Charlotte

Back
Top Bottom