Duck Inhale water or choking?

Jpat

Life’s a garden: dig it.
5 Years
Apr 30, 2018
Nova scotia
Hey everyone

I had left over crumble so i gave it to the ducks this morning, While later i hear duck coughing and splashing. run over find the drake coughing, Shaking his head violently.

He was spraying wet feed and water out his nostrils and everything. Now a few hours later he gasps for air

Figure he inhaled liquid... Anyway to help him?

Check his mouth and make sure nothing is blocking his airway (entrance to trachea and choanal slit). If nothing is there, I think all you can do is hope it resolves on it's own.
duck_mouth_1.png

I have some of that too did you just swipe some across his nares?
Its sposed to help dry skin too so i rubbed his whole bill and his dinosoar legs. Ingredients look harmless but helpfull. Poor fella.

Someone is coming for him tomorow... They have a big pond and 5 females for him. Hope hes better tomorow or theyll think iam tricking them with a sick duck
15552689354664465264749764838947.jpg

Someone is coming for him tomorow... They have a big pond and 5 females for him. Hope hes better tomorow or theyll think iam tricking them with a sick duck
If he is still doing that tomorrow he should not leave because there is a chance it could turn into pneumonia, which would be bad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom