duck is laying

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by streemers, Jan 22, 2009.

1. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    [​IMG] Guess what everyone I just found an EGG in the duck house!!!!
    they havent layed in 6weeks so i am so happy:lol:
    I was really getting sick of store bought chicken eggs:p

2. batorcrazzy

batorcrazzy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    kemp tx
    i like duck eggs better than chicken eggs

3. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    my too. i like fresh chicken eggs but i like duck eggs better!

4. doubleostud

doubleostud Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    I'm with you, luckily I have a pekin that lays everyday, and I mean everyday. Its nice having her around.

5. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    i have a pekin also but she hasnt layed yet. my mutt layed this 1 and my blue swedish is getting close!!!!

6. OzarkCountryGirl

OzarkCountryGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ozark Highlands
    Quote:I have a Welsh Harlequin and since she started laying in October (she was hatched out last March) she has layed every single day since, without fail. But now finding her eggs is often a challenge as she's free ranged and likes to hide her eggs in piles of leaves. [​IMG]

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    All right, well my ducks must be broke. I have 4 ducks, 2 pekin, one cayuga, and one rouen. I have had them all for at least 4 months. The two pekins were adults when I got them, the other two were young still and have grown a bit since, but still I should be getting SOMETHING!! I hunt for eggs everyday, and nothing!! [​IMG]

8. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    i got mine 2 at 4 months and 2 at 3 months. the 4mth olds started laying in Nov. and stopped 6wks ago and 1 just started laying again the other is close. you can see her hind end right behind her legs getting lower but not as low as the 1 that layed today. the other 2 (1 was a drake) hasnt started to lay yet and her hind end is still high off the ground. but i know she is a pekin and i think here in a month or so will start to lay. dont worry about it. they will lay when ready ...... sometimes it takes longer then what we feel is needed;)[​IMG]

9. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Lucky you! I have a 24 week old Cayuga who hasn't started laying... yet. Today I found her in one of the nest boxes, trying it on for size. Hopefully that means she'll surprise me with an egg soon!

10. streemers

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    might be... mine was going in the duck house alot to sleep at night and a few day after started laying...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by