1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck keeping

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZooZoo, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    I have a 8'x18' aviary that i have been working on for a long time now. After all the hard work i think im finally done [​IMG]. It has a 5'x4' concrete pond in it. I am going to be putting some bantam ducks (not sure which yet) in it. The problem is, when i thought i had it predetor proof a few months ago, something took all my birds [​IMG]. Now after fixing all of my mistakes i think its now finally predetor proof. It has welded wire all around, wire on top, and wire laying around the sides. Since i still dont feel good about putting new birds in, i want to put a large rabbit hutch inside the aviary to lock the ducks in at night. How would this work out? The only probem i can think of is rounding up the ducks every single night . Any suggesttions would be helpfull.
    thanks

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Ducks are really easy to herd, so just locate the hutch, or even a large dog travel crate, in a corner where you can herd them into it. This might be difficult if the hutch is up on legs, lol.

chel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by