1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Migration:

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Matilda hen, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Matilda hen

Matilda hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Ireland
    My Coop
    Hello , this is very very important , so quick answers needed!! Should there be any wild duck's in Ireland this time of year? (Christmas Day) it's very important , and I need to know ASAP for personal reasons , and if so , would there be any chance of them , maybe winding up in a garden on their own , making distressed quacks? It was female.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    A single duck making distressed quacks in a garden in Ireland? Tho I am in New England, I would make every effort to scoop it up into a safe ducky place with food and water while I sorted things out.

3. Matilda hen

Apr 11, 2012
    Ireland
    My Coop
    That' what i would do...but , when it happned at 5am , i ran out in my pyjama's , to get it , and there was nothing there , I searched everywhere , all my duck's were killed by a gun-dog 2 weeks ago , and I was very upset , so i'm beginning to think i'm hearing things!! It just dosn't seem possible that there was a duck there does it?

4. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Yes, it could be possible. Is it brushy out where you are? Is there a porch or shed under which she might be hiding or stuck? Miss Lydia had a duck stuck between two wood piles for a day or so, once.

[​IMG] So sad about the ducks you lost.

5. Matilda hen

Apr 11, 2012
    Ireland
    My Coop
    It's grand , i'm getting over it...but no , its as if there never was a duck , the shed is empty , apart from my babies feathers that i havn't had the heart to clean out , the stable is empty apart from the horse , and all the budh's are gone (winter , their just sticks in the ground now!) and nowhere else...

6. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Oh, my....

If you hear it again, do try to take it in.

Thanks for checking in here.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by