Duck noise!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Duckingham, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Duckingham

Duckingham New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    Hi I have 3 female runner ducks and now that spring has sprung they are back to their VERY noisy selfs ... my question is there a way to keep them happily entertained therefore a little quieter (the noise doesn't bother me at all but I feel like we are getting very close to having complaints from our neighbors) they have a large run and three different water buckets to splash around in, they get let out in the garden some days only as I also have a rescue dog that would munch them given half a chance! Is there any enrichment toys such as pecking sticks/treats you can get for chickens??? Any tips on how to keep my girls happy and quiet would be very much appreciated [​IMG] X

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I don't know if you can keep the girls happy with out them letting you know. They just love to quack it was just going on here a few minutes ago,.lol

But there are things you can try. get a head of cabbage and hang it up for them mine love to tear off pieces to eat. Just make sure what you use to hang it with they can't nibble and eat. string etc. Also there are flock blocks Purina makes them. You can also hang heads of Romaine the same as the cabbage.

Females ducks just love to quack. Maybe try making peace by offering some yummy eggs to your neighbors. Thankfully our closest ones live 5 acres away so that helps.

@Duckingham Welcome to BYC

1 person likes this.
  3. Duckingham

Duckingham New Egg

Feb 28, 2017
    Thanks miss Lydia for the tips will definitely get on to the hanging cabbage head that just the sort of advice I was hoping for but never heard of a flock block will have to look into that x

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by