Duck not eating

Heeter Hens

Hatching
Nov 23, 2021
Hi I have a 8 month old female duck. She has stopped eating. She has a lot of gas rumbling in her belly. Just gas no poop. She is drinking water. She is behaving normally. No signs of crop impaction or logded egg. I have separated her from the others so I can see if she'll eat. She has a variety of food choices.. no interest. Any ideas?

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
Hi I have a 8 month old female duck. She has stopped eating. She has a lot of gas rumbling in her belly. Just gas no poop. She is drinking water. She is behaving normally. No signs of crop impaction or logded egg. I have separated her from the others so I can see if she'll eat. She has a variety of food choices.. no interest. Any ideas?
-What is her current diet?
-Any changes to environment including new additions to the flock or deaths in the flock?
-How long has it been since you noticed she hasn't pooped?
-How long since you last saw her eat?
-Is there anything she can get into that could be poisonous or small enough that she could eat and cause a blockage?

Heeter Hens

Hatching
Nov 23, 2021
They eat floating water fowl food in fresh water. I haven't seen her eat since Fri.. 5 days. The 3 others a perfectly fine. Nothing poisonous here. It doesn't seem to be a blockage. I'm wondering if it could be a bacterial issue since there is so much rumbling coming from her. No poop to test though.

Top Bottom