Duck Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Welshies, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Welshies

Welshies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Here are my six ducks, Sky, Pinky, Red, Brook, Storm, and Silver. I was wondering if a few people could critique quality, conformation, gender, health, and for Silver and Storm, the breed (They're Rouen mixed with something else)

Red... more specifically why is he standing so tall?
    [​IMG]

Pinky
    [​IMG]

Storm
    [​IMG]

Brook
    [​IMG]

Silver
    [​IMG]

Sky
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone! :D

2. Spyderk117

Spyderk117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Wisconsin
    I think Storm and Silver are drakes I could be wrong. Dose Red stand like that a lot? If so could be part Runner. They all look healthy to me![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  3. Welshies

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks! Storm may be a female though. Storm is very small compared to the rest, just over half the size of Silver (the largest). She's not quacking or rasping though. :( Stubborn ducks!
    And yes, Red stands like that a lot. However as a duckling he had all his proper markings. May he be a Runner cross with purebred Rouen markings? His bill turned green right away, making me think he is purebred. However the lady had one saxony, one runner, and a few Rouens. :/ Hard to tell!

4. Welshies

May 8, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Here's a pic of them as a group.
    [​IMG]

5. Spyderk117

Spyderk117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Can't really see them in the picture that well. Just keep listing for quacks or raspy quacks then you will know if they are male or female. Okay Red could be a cross like you said hard to tell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by