Duck or Drake?? 7 wk old Muscovie

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by scoobyduck, Aug 5, 2010.

1. scoobyduck

scoobyduck Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    Houston
    Do you all ever get tired of this sexing game? I am grateful that the experts in the forum are so patient with us newbies. This is our 7 week old Muscovie. I am looking for opinions on the gender. Any guesses??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Drake! [​IMG] Look at that stance, long body & LOOOOOOng tail in the second pic. Also, the beginning of caruncles though he hasn't feathered in yet. Yep, and the fact that he isn't feathered in yet. Cute!!!

3. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

drake but you can tell reallly easy when adult becuase it will have alotof red buggy stuff on its face espeicially around teh eyes.[​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I think you got your answer, but I have to say that he's a cutie. We have one at the lake I go to that is close to that color. I love how he wags his tail at me when he's in a good mood.

5. scoobyduck

scoobyduck Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    Houston
    Thanks for the expertise. I think he's adorable. I Love, Love, Love the tail wag.

6. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    enjoy!!!! muscovy drakes are the best!!!!!! mine is such a ham. he's actually pretty popular with my fellow duck lovers on facebook LOL. he loves cuddles, sitting in my lap, taking pics, following me around the yard, and getting and giving kisses!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by