1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck or Muscovy owners in Western WA?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Was just wondering if there was any other local people (i'm in Orting) that raise Muscovy or other ducks? Yesterday I found one of my 1.5month olds stuck between a board & the fence, probably for around a day. He's been staying inside since i found him but I don't really have the room for him & he needs someone to take care of him for a while still until his legs are strong again (his bill is beat up & his tail is a bit wry'ed now also). He's currently living in a basket in front of our wood stove so he's being moved constantly and the rescue kitten wants to cuddle on him all the time [​IMG] .

Was hoping to find a local duck lover here that could give him a good home... maybe a duckling for Christmas?
    He's a Chocolate Muscovy out of my two friendliest ducks (Chuck & Willoughby)

[​IMG]
    (sorry, crappy cell phone pic!)

2. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    I live in Snohomish - used to live up the hill from you in Bonney Lake. Wish I could help, but 6 is my limit...so says the husband...he's no fun at all! [​IMG] Don't have any Muscovies and already have too many drakes 3:3. You sure it is a drake?

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Hes adorablel Bleenie hope you can get him a great home.. [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I'm not 100% sure it's a boy (but it does have a chubby head), I just always call the babies boys unless they're teeny, lol.

ETA: I posted online and got a bunch of calls from rescue places and found a home for him with a lady in Lakewood [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by