duck pond help please

animalbaby4everandalwyz

Songster
10 Years
11 Years
Jan 24, 2009
West Tennessee
okay so i have 4 ducks that run around the yard.. and we have a huge pond that they have no idea that we have lol..they have never seen it..and i was thinking about carrying them down there and letting them be in it so they can eat the duck weed and everything but they go up at night and stay up all night so will they still go up or not? I put them up myself and close them up and sometimes i have to encourage them so will they still go up?? i really want them out in the pond so they will eat all the goodies out there... any info would be awesome

Once they get in.........it will be HARD to get them out. Especially when you want them out.

If you try it, don't be upset with them, 'cause they're only ducks!
lol.png

i agree, when our pond is full, i only see them in the evening, after coaxing them in with popcorn- you might try going out and walking with them till they see it?

Well they mean the world to me i got them for easter ... and dont want to loose them and want them to come back i really dont think they would stay out there...i dont know im going to wait untill i catch this coon... lol..... i just now noticed his tracks around the pond i walked around it to check for that kind of thing before i decided to carry them out there...so im going to wait..

so can someone tell me how to catch a coon? i have a large enough trap but what food would probbably catch them...i know they are scavangers but i want to catch him and be done with it...

our coons go after the duck food first, then the other one i have heard is marshmallows- peanut butter-

as far as carrying them down there, why not let them discover it on their own? that way they know how to get there and back? our pond dries up in august and i have been getting some pretty dirty faces coming home from the pond....

Back
Top Bottom