1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck pond?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by uglygoldfish, Mar 27, 2016.

1. uglygoldfish

uglygoldfish Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2016
    Maine
    I ordered 2 pekin ducks and i was womdering how big a small pond for them should be? I ordered a drake and a female so i plan to have more. Is ther a recomended depth? I want them to be happy and spoiled so please share your thoughts!:p

2. samantha92

samantha92 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    Perth Australia
    You could use a plastic kiddy pool... super easy to tip the water out and refill. I use one for my two muscovies :)

1 person likes this.
  3. tmorgan46

tmorgan46 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Stafford, VA
    We also fill a couple of the large rectangular bins you can get at Lowes / Home Depot / TSC. I have two; one is 30"X20" and 10 inches deep and the other is a few inches larger in all directions; both are black plastic and are pretty durable. Even our geese get into them and dunk their heads and throw the water over their back. Very easy to maintain (dump and refill) and they simply hop up on the edge and then step into the water.

4. uglygoldfish

uglygoldfish Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2016
    Maine
    I thought about a kiddie pool and big totes but i wanted a in fround pind, i actaully have it already dug but i didnt now if it should be expanded or not

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by