duck projects??? anyone?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by roocrazy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    well anyways, im working on black bibbed mallards. and have finnaly reached a goal, moms offspring can fly!!!!!

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:How!?

Do you think you could make white rouens?! That would be easier to pluck...

3. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Well I have just started on my Grey Call ducks, if you count that as a project lol. I have made my first step: get a good quality grey call drake lol I have a long way to go but I’m loving it

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!

i dont know. maybe alyesbury with their large keel

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN

i dont know. maybe alyesbury with their large keel

I dont really want white rouens anyway. I got them for their mallard look. So no need for white [​IMG]

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:Blue fawn calls and pied calls, thinking maybe silver or blues or both lol [​IMG]

7. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    ive reached all the colors that i need in calls, i have to take pictures this weekend of all the new ones around here, ive lost count on my call ducks now. thats a great thing!!!! [​IMG]

8. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have been working on Harlequin and Cinnamon Runners for about two years now. I started with some hatching eggs - a few less than desirable quality breeding birds in Harlequins and a single drake in the Cinnamons. This year I showed some birds I had bred myself and one particular drake twice won champion waterfowl which I am very proud of. I am just starting to hatch out some Harlequins that I will keep to grow out and have started setting some eggs for some Cinnamon ducklings.

I am more than happy with the progress made so far on improving my line of coloured Runners.

This photo shows one of the many faults in one of the Harlequin females I purchased, and the improvement made in just one year of breeding.

The mother has a two tone bill - turning orange on the end, a harlequin female should have a slate coloured bill, which the younger female does have.

[​IMG]

I have had many different pairing combinations to try to get the best combinations from the birds I had, some of the offspring have been laying for a while now- and are taking their turns in the breeding pens. Next year I hope to have a show team of 10 birds, and to travel a bit further from home when showing. Most club shows around my state only get entries of white Runners, so I hope by exhibiting my birds more people will be interested in taking on coloured Indian Runners.

9. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:I've always adored your WH runners [​IMG] wish I could have some [​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are so pretty and congrats on what you have achieved. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by