duck projects??? anyone?

Well I have just started on my Grey Call ducks, if you count that as a project lol. I have made my first step: get a good quality grey call drake lol I have a long way to go but I’m loving it

Last edited:
Quote:
How!?

Do you think you could make white rouens?! That would be easier to pluck...

i dont know. maybe alyesbury with their large keel

Quote:
How!?

Do you think you could make white rouens?! That would be easier to pluck...

i dont know. maybe alyesbury with their large keel

I dont really want white rouens anyway. I got them for their mallard look. So no need for white
lol.png

ive reached all the colors that i need in calls, i have to take pictures this weekend of all the new ones around here, ive lost count on my call ducks now. thats a great thing!!!!
lau.gif

I have been working on Harlequin and Cinnamon Runners for about two years now. I started with some hatching eggs - a few less than desirable quality breeding birds in Harlequins and a single drake in the Cinnamons. This year I showed some birds I had bred myself and one particular drake twice won champion waterfowl which I am very proud of. I am just starting to hatch out some Harlequins that I will keep to grow out and have started setting some eggs for some Cinnamon ducklings.

I am more than happy with the progress made so far on improving my line of coloured Runners.

This photo shows one of the many faults in one of the Harlequin females I purchased, and the improvement made in just one year of breeding.

The mother has a two tone bill - turning orange on the end, a harlequin female should have a slate coloured bill, which the younger female does have.

46956_gen_1.jpg

I have had many different pairing combinations to try to get the best combinations from the birds I had, some of the offspring have been laying for a while now- and are taking their turns in the breeding pens. Next year I hope to have a show team of 10 birds, and to travel a bit further from home when showing. Most club shows around my state only get entries of white Runners, so I hope by exhibiting my birds more people will be interested in taking on coloured Indian Runners.

Back
Top Bottom