Duck raising chickens?

kada6305

Songster
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Kersey, Pennsylvania
Our chickens and Ducks currently share a coop. We are getting a separate one for the ducks shortly. They are about a year and a half. Our duck is broody but we don't have room for any more Ducks right now until we get the other coop for them. So we are running a test, we could always use more Chickens. so we marked the chicken eggs (she was already laying on them) and take out any other eggs that appear. Will this work? This is the first time she's been broody. Will she hatch and raise the chickens? We just need them to make it to 9 weeks. Here is my broody hen, Lucy :)

I've had chickens hatch duck eggs and quail eggs no problem, but I took them away after they hatch just in case the broody mom kills them or tries to take them swimming. She should hatch them no problem but raising them I'm not sure how it will go. Hope this helps!

Our chickens haven't gone broody yet. Most likely because they are sharing the coop with the Ducks, but who knows. I am hoping maybe we will get a broody hen once we seperate the coops.

Back
Top Bottom