Duck rescue at a park in St Lucie County Florida-**UPDATE**

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
Not sure where to post this but....- i am a member of a duck list and there is a lone pekin that needs rescue at a park in St Lucie County Florida, pm me for contact info- and he has a home ready for him but they need help getting him- its getting to be a desperate situation- thanks!!+**

here is the update on charlie- happy endings do happen!
24037_charliesm.jpg

UPDATE

Hi Guys!
Charlie has been abduckted! Lisha caught him today and actually had to go swimming to do it! He is injured and she is taking him to Laurie as I type. I'm pretty sure Laurie has a ducky vet to take him to. I left her a message this morning telling her that I would pay for his treatment, so hopefully that will work out. :eek:) We're moving to Virginia on July 9th, so shortly after that, I'll drive down and get him from Laurie. Maybe she'll fall in love with him though???? ;o) Anyway, that's the latest and all is well. We'll just hope his injuries aren't anything serious.
24037_charliesm.jpg

>
> Hello,
>
> He is limping pretty good on the right foot. There is an injury under the
> wing just above that leg. It doesn't seem open. He has been pretty good
> about me handling him, no biting or anything, but it does stress him. I've
> been trying to let him settle down a bit. We don't have any good avian vets
> in the area.
>
> He is about the same size as my pekin maybe a little bit smaller, that's my
> drake in the background. Hasn't made any sounds, but I think I see a drake
> feather.

Last edited:
Which park? If it is Lakewood Park, that may be a problem as that is a huge community with tons of lakes...White City Park is another problem area or can be but PM me or call me with more info...my parents and son are in St. Lucie County...Fort Pierce to be exact and my sister and brother in law are in Vero Beach....Indian River County on the North St. Lucie County line.

I will see what I can do to help. Give me as much info as you have.

Last edited:
so far it is in the coordinating stage- but it looks really promising- last i heard yesterday bycers are coming to the rescue and i again am blessed to be part here on byc!

Looks like the are hoping for friday, so keep praying for charlie and all involved! He also ha had a possible mallard show up, so they are the only ones there-

Back
Top Bottom