Duck Restrictions Unincorporated Brevard (Rockledge FL, unincorporated)

Antone69

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2015
Rockledge, FL
A friend of a friend reached out to me due to some duck concerns. She has a rental property in unincorporated Brevard/Rockledge FL unincorporated (not within city limits) and animal control was called to the house because a neighbor complained of noise from the ducks. They were not given a noise violation because their was no noise at that time, plus they are not usually loud. They were also told that they would have to get rid of the ducks because of the code restrictions. Animal control said they would look them up and get back to them. They never contacted them again and that was a week ago. I have been searching as well and cannot find anything definitive. They did have a large number of ducks...some where male and they were getting ready to give the males to 4H and planned on only keeping 3 female ducks. If anyone has the actual info that would be great!!!

What are the restrictions/code/guidelines for Un-incorporated Brevard/Rockledge-Un-incorporated? How many, land requirements etc... Friend is trying to find out...we keep looking on-line but are unsure if we have the correct info or not.

Call the code office for the town on Monday and they should be able to tell you the details for that area or let you know who can tell you those details.

Your friend will need to check the zoning of the property...
It says city, but the zoning will likely apply outside as well, so your friend, if they don't already know what their property is zoned for, needs to call the city and figure out what the property is zoned for.
contact info for the planning/zoning dept - http://www.cityofrockledge.org/194/Planning-Zoning

Farm animals, fowls and other species. It shall be unlawful for any person to keep, harbor, breed, sell or maintain upon any premises in any zoning district in the city, except as specifically permitted in a zoning district by the express terms of the Zoning Ordinance, any of the following, to wit: Bees, roosters, peacocks, horses, ponies, cattle, goats, rabbits, chickens, ducks or other livestock, or other species customarily utilized in farming operations.

They don't live in the city and we live near by them which is why she contacted me in the first place. All of my neighbors love our two ducks so we don't have a problem if we were not compliant. In fact when our first two were killed by a predator (so sad) many families begged me to get more. Now we have two different locations for them to be put up for the night if they wander from our yard or nearby area. This set seems to be more set at staying close to home. I am thinking we are good but was looking for something definitive.

Back
Top Bottom