Duck(s) Needed! Lonely pekin

HopTrotNWaddle

Hatching
Apr 22, 2022
Near Staunton VA-- In August I got 2 pekin ducklings. Sadly recently one of them has died, and I am urgently looking for a new friend or 2 for my girl Amelia. I prefer to get duck(s) out of heat lamp stage so I am posting around before buying new ducklings from the local store (I live with my parents and they dont want to do that again). I prefer female(s) if possible. Thanks for any help!!

Additional info: We take very good care of our animals and the ducks have free range of lots of gardens, a hutch for night, and a small enclosure for when we are not around a day to keep an eye on them. Swimmy areas and walks/rides to the creek on our property as well

Attachments

• 20220412_170309.jpg
    20220412_170309.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220406_130127.jpg
    20220406_130127.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hey just a suggestion as it's hard to fine people in the same area as you, try Craigslist! Or you could always raid your local feed store, there will probably be some ducklings :)
I appreciate it! I have a posting there as well 😅 just going all routes as Amelia is pretty distressed and in case anyone has info. Tractor supply near us has ducklings but as I love with my parents my mom wants to try for older ducks first so we don't have babies to take care of right now. Thank you!!

I appreciate it! I have a posting there as well 😅 just going all routes as Amelia is pretty distressed and in case anyone has info. Tractor supply near us has ducklings but as I love with my parents my mom wants to try for older ducks first so we don't have babies to take care of right now. Thank you!!
Absolutely- I'm not sure TS would allow you just to get one duck anyway :)

Welcome to BYC! So sorry for your loss. :hugs

This site has a buy/sell/trade section, but it's hard to find people that live near you or people that just have some available. You'll have better luck with Facebook Market place or Craigslist. Good luck finding your duck a friend!

Contact your local wildlife rehabber. We still have juveniles from the fall that need rehoming -- but we cannot release them to the wild because we have avian 'flu in the county. We would love it if people adopted our ducks rather than buying ducklings. You might not get a pekin, but in my experience, ducks are not fussy about their friends. I have muscovy and pekins with one of the pekins close buddy to one of the muscovy.

Near Staunton VA-- In August I got 2 pekin ducklings. Sadly recently one of them has died, and I am urgently looking for a new friend or 2 for my girl Amelia. I prefer to get duck(s) out of heat lamp stage so I am posting around before buying new ducklings from the local store (I live with my parents and they dont want to do that again). I prefer female(s) if possible. Thanks for any help!!

Additional info: We take very good care of our animals and the ducks have free range of lots of gardens, a hutch for night, and a small enclosure for when we are not around a day to keep an eye on them. Swimmy areas and walks/rides to the creek on our property as well
Are you still looking for ducklings?

Hello! How far are you willing to drive? I have 4 female ducks that I'm looking to re-home. I'm in central Ohio, a bit of a drive from you, but I'd be willing to meet you partway.

Back
Top Bottom