1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

duck shoes and diaper harnesses

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KrazyKZ08, Aug 6, 2011.

1. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    ok, alot of you have convinced me to start using diaper harnesses. when i first saw them, i thought they were ridiculous, but after manually scrubbing my entire carpet by random spots, i'm converting lol. i love having my girl inside so i am looking into getting her some diapers, but i am also worried that walking on the unnatural flooring inside more often will be bad for her legs and feet, so i was wondering if the ducky shoes helped prevent those problems?

i am also deciding whether i should get her the closed toed shoes or the open toed, because i want her to be able to use her nails to itch, but she will be alot easier to handle with the closed toed shoes. i would also like to ask if its possible to trim a duck's nails? i'm afraid to try it because they dont get long, theyre just sharp. she doesnt kick too much, but im afraid i might hurt her nails if i try to put them through the open shoes, or that it might be even more uncomfortable for her, but then again it seems unpleasant that her nails will be rubbing on the inside of the close toed shoes. lol i need help deciding! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Unless you have super slick floor I wouldnt worry about getting shoes. We have a semi textured laminate flooring and my girls do just fine on it without any shoes

3. Fawkes

Fawkes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Yeah, my ducks don't have any problems on laminate flooring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by