Duck struggling to breathe

Belrose

Chirping
May 15, 2022
HELP!

My duck is struggling to breathe. I thought maybe she was choking and tried giving water, food, massaging and even the "duck heimlich" with no success. She is getting limp and has been laying on her side on and off the last couple of hours.

One thing I'm not sure if it's relevant or not. We've been dealing with a nasty case of bumblefoot the last couple of months. A couple of weeks ago we started tricide neo and it seems to be helping a lot. Swelling was down significantly (except for one "lump") and earlier today I did a all cut "cross" on her foot and removed the infection. She has been inside the house because of that. I was actually feeling really good about having FINALLY got it all out but then she started doing this about 6h later.

ER is not an option right now. Please help - I'll try everything I can! I will try to add a video on the comments.

HELP!

My duck is struggling to breathe. I thought maybe she was choking and tried giving water, food, massaging and even the "duck heimlich" with no success. She is getting limp and has been laying on her side on and off the last couple of hours.

One thing I'm not sure if it's relevant or not. We've been dealing with a nasty case of bumblefoot the last couple of months. A couple of weeks ago we started tricide neo and it seems to be helping a lot. Swelling was down significantly (except for one "lump") and earlier today I did a all cut "cross" on her foot and removed the infection. She has been inside the house because of that. I was actually feeling really good about having FINALLY got it all out but then she started doing this about 6h later.

ER is not an option right now. Please help - I'll try everything I can! I will try to add a video on the comments.

Hi @Belrose welcome to BYC.
I'm sorry no one answered yet. Is your duck better or worse today? And how are the others in your flock?
@casportpony do you have suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom