Duck suddenly can’t stand or walk

5ducks

Songster
Jun 20, 2021
I have an 11 week old duck that has been acting fine until this morning when I went out to feed and water them she seems unable to stand or walk for very long. She seems very weak and doesn’t seem very interested in food. I have been feeding them mazuri waterfowl maintenance diet. It seems like it happened overnight so I’m not sure if it’s niacin deficiency or something else but I added extra niacin in their water. Does anyone know what else it could be? Should I separate her from the other ducks so they don’t walk over her or would that be too stressful for her?

How much niacin did you add normally before adding the extra?
Good question about checking the feet.
Normally I would add 500 mg in their 3.5 gallon once a week. I thought that the feed should have enough in it but I guess I was wrong:(

I have an 11 week old duck that has been acting fine until this morning when I went out to feed and water them she seems unable to stand or walk for very long. She seems very weak and doesn’t seem very interested in food. I have been feeding them mazuri waterfowl maintenance diet. It seems like it happened overnight so I’m not sure if it’s niacin deficiency or something else but I added extra niacin in their water. Does anyone know what else it could be? Should I separate her from the other ducks so they don’t walk over her or would that be too stressful for her?
Try sugar water

Back
Top Bottom