Duck suddenly unable to walk

chickenz101

Songster
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
I need help and advice for my 4 year old Aylesbury cross duck, who 4 days ago stopped walking? She has not lost appetite, I’ve separated her from the others and she’s on rest. But as soon as I help her and lift her body up to stand, she’ll hold it for a second when I let go, but will drop as soon as I let her go? I’ve read up on botulism today and didn’t think of it as a possibility? Any help will be appreciated, thank you

Could be an injury. Ducks aren't exactly good at walking, and are built for swimming. It could improve with rest, but may take a while. How does it do in water? Can it swim?

Could be an injury. Ducks aren't exactly good at walking, and are built for swimming. It could improve with rest, but may take a while. How does it do in water? Can it swim?
It’s not an injury, well at least not one on the outside. She can swim fine, but struggles to dry and preen herself after as she can’t lift her weight off the ground

Can you feel up and down her feet for inflammation?Have you checked for bumble foot?

Aylesbury ducks are meat ducks so she may just be getting to overweight to walk.What number do you think she is?

upload_2017-10-11_8-11-31.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom