duck to water

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jasonm11, May 14, 2011.

1. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    had to show off my ducks they are only 4 wks old and I have no idea what type they are. They must be teenagers in duck years because they are very difficult and want nothing to do with being held anymore. Does anyone have an idea what type they are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Mixed breed mutts. [​IMG] FYI- they are not 4 weeks old, they are full grown, at least 4-5 months old.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Most ducklings will have lost all the "baby fluff" or at least the large majority of it by 6 weeks old. Hard to see from the pics because of the shadows- but if they have no more fluff bits- they are older than 6 weeks. The one with the huge white neck ring is a cross breed- but hard to see the other one well enough to see what it might be.

4. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:Sorry to tell you this Fattie, but the ducks are no more that 5 to 6 weeks old. For this I am sure, we got them a day apart at the feed store. They have been growing like weeks for the 3 weeks we have had them. They stil have their fluff, but do have most feathers on breast and the flight feathers on the wings. i will try to get better pictures to show them a little better. Thanks for the input.

Last edited: May 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by