Duck TV

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wifezilla, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They have gotten brave and now see the back yard as part of their territory. They play in their under the bed storage container filled with water while they wait for us to install their pond.

Today I watched them through the sliding glass doors and saw...
    All of them forage for grass sprouts and bugs in the sunshine for the first time.
    Splash all the water out of their tub while going after the pieces of cabbage I floated on the water.
    Groom their feathers for about an hour.
    Chase the cat (darn funny).
    Jack and Janet "getting busy". (I wasn't staring..honest! Just noticed and went in to the kitchen [​IMG] )
    A lot of feathery butt wiggling
    All four ducks chase the starlings out of "their" yard (even funnier than the cat chasing).

Now I am just watching to see if they go in their pen on their own now that it is starting to get dark. If not, I will have to go out and tuck them in [​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i love duck tv! all ducks all the time!

swimming, quacking, swimming, eating, swimming, grooming, swimming, yelling at the chickens, swimming...oh, and swimming...[​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Boy they sure do love water, don't they. Can't blame them. I wish I had a pool [​IMG]

I had to tuck them in. They got mad at me for coming outside and ruining their fun..hee hee hee

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    how old are they? at what age can the ducks go outside to play being that is is winter? I cant wait to get mine out of the house and into the yard!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i just yell, "Go to bed, Sticky!" and all the big ducks waddle into their coop.

now, the calls, they are a whole other story...they just yell at me and say nasty things like, "we don't want to go in! go away! i want yummier food! fill up our pool! why do the chickens get the big house!".

6. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I got my ducks as adults. I think they were all hatched last Spring. I have only had them for a couple of weeks.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:mine are from last spring also, i believe. they are a RIOT!

8. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hubby's opinion of the ducks...

"Dammm! They make the cats look smart!"

LOL

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Quote:you forgot pooping, lol add that in between everything word

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i love watching my ducks too!...they are characters!...[​IMG].....hubby just went and bought them a new pool/pond with a filter at Lowes yesterday...the regular price was $119...we got it for $32...[​IMG]....so..thats one of our spring projects for them!...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by