Duck walking on top of foot

DuckLuverEm

Hatching
Mar 1, 2021
I have a duck that is lame and I need some advice. Last Wednesday, I saw him outside after swimming in the cold (air temp was 30s with ice chunks in the water) with him walking on the top of one of his feet. I brought him inside and put him in the bathtub. I started him on Brewer's yeast with his food. He was able to properly walk on his feet while sometimes dragging his toes. He was fine Friday so I put him back outside for the night. Saturday morning, he was back to walking on the top of his foot when he was rushing to follow the other ducks. I brought him back inside. I took him to the vet today and all they said was that he has slipped tendon and there's nothing they can do about it. The vet said to start him on pain medications and give him as much bath time as possible to help get the weight off of his legs. I got this duck April 22 of last year. I thought slipped tendon was only a duckling problem? Is it possible that this is what he has? Do any of you have any suggestions that I might try to fix this problem? I would appreciate any and all advice!

Back
Top Bottom