DUCK WANTED NJ ASAP

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hayleyasaurus, Aug 27, 2016.

1. hayleyasaurus

hayleyasaurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    Hey guys,
    Unfortunately when I went to take care of my two pet ducks this morning, I discovered that one of them has passed away. Since I only have one duck now, I'm very worried about my other duck's health. Her name is Pip and she's a 6 year old female Cayuga. I know that ducks are very social animals and that they will become depressed without any friends. I'm looking to buy one adult female duck to be Pip's new friend. I go to school in New York now and I'm only home for today and tomorrow morning so if possible, I'd like to buy the duck today. Please let me know if you have any ducks I could buy or if you know of a store where I could buy adult ducks. I live in East Windsor, NJ and ideally I'd like to go somewhere nearby in NJ or if it's close enough, PA.
    Thank you!
    Hayley

2. SAustin

SAustin Just Hatched

Aug 18, 2016
    Tennessee
    Im so sorry for your loss! I'm in TN so I probably can't help you in getting a new duck asap, but I had same thing happen and it took me a week to find suitable drakes to be companions for my little guy. The best advice I got: use a mirror until you can get new ducks.. Bill would fly out of our yard 5-6 x a day looking for Ted... It was awful. I put a mirror out and he was content to just stand next to his buddy... His own reflection. It helped bring down his and my stress level. Good luck!! I hope you find a new buddy soon!! Sorry again for your loss!

3. hayleyasaurus

hayleyasaurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    Thanks for the advice with the mirror! Luckily I was able to find a farm that had ducks available! I got a female khaki Campbell. They seem to be getting along pretty well already!

4. SAustin

SAustin Just Hatched

Aug 18, 2016
    Tennessee
    That's awesome news! So glad to hear it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by