duck waterer( like from the feed store) ?????

ro.netcmarie

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
travelers rest, sc
got a duck/chicken waterer and a food thing from the feed store that you use a quart jar for. have a question. is the waterer suppose to self fill up when they drink so much or you suppose to lean it sideways when empty. mine i have to lean it to get water in the little tray for their water, it will not self fill up when they drink the water. i found it bone dry and the jar was completely filled but no water in the bottom. anybody know the trick for it to like it is suppose to ???

That is weird. I just fill up my jar screw the base on it and flip the jar over real fast and the base fills up with water. The base wont be completely full but enough for the ducks/chicks to drink. They drink a lot of water so you need to clean and fill it several times a day. I hope this helps and hope you figure it out. good luck.

yeh, i know that is weird. i thought i just put it on too tight and loosen it up, still nothing. i will fill it up like you said and flip it really fast and it fill up just a little bit, but if not carefull it want fill back up when they drink it. i really dont know about this one!!!!!

Do you have the small metal base or is it plastic? Are the holes big enough? Try a different jar. Do you have a canning jar? Maybe the one you are using has different threads causing the jar to go all the way down into the base shutting off water flow. just a thought.

its the plastic red ones, i have a plastic mayo "jar" in it. it has 1 opening in it. i will try again to see if i put it on too tight, if that dont work i will hunt down some neighbors for a glass quart jar!!!!!!

I have never seen just a red plastic water base before. Usually they are metal then you supply your own jar. That goes for feeders too. The ones with the red base usually comes with a container that fits it. I could be wrong but that is what I see around in my area. Little Giant sells their feeders/waterers that has a red base and white plastic container. Maybe you are missing the container that fits the base??

Henry'schickens :

I have never seen just a red plastic water base before. Usually they are metal then you supply your own jar. That goes for feeders too. The ones with the red base usually comes with a container that fits it. I could be wrong but that is what I see around in my area. Little Giant sells their feeders/waterers that has a red base and white plastic container. Maybe you are missing the container that fits the base??

TSC sells the red plastic base without the jar. I use one with a quart canning jar. It refills on its own.​

I vote the jar isn't a good fit. Or you may be cross threading, I had the same problem, and I didn't notice that i was cross threading it! I use the metal and a glass jar!

I THINK you should try to re-pierce the hole that the water is supposed to coming out of.

I'm beginning to think that it may be blocked with plastic that didn't come out fully when they made it. But that's just me.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom