Duck Waterer

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shannonq88, May 4, 2017.

1. shannonq88

shannonq88 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    Hello,

I have 13 ducks that are 3 weeks old today. Their waterer is not deep enough for them to dunk their heads. What are some ideas I should use? I see people say to cut a milk container but I do not think all 13 will be able to use this. I work 8 hour days and refill the waterer twice before I leave for work int he morning. I currently have a 1 gallon chicken water on a paint tray with a grate so they cannot play in the water.

Please send pictures or any ideas you have to I can keep them healthy.

-Shannon

2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Ducks risk respiratory distress and possibly infection without the ability to dunk their heads in order to clean out their eyes & nares.

Can you use a few milk containers?

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Large rubber Stock bowls they can use...With 13 possibly 3 rubber bowls....Big ones too...:)

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  4. shannonq88

shannonq88 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    I have them inside in a brooder right now. Are they going to swim and throw the water everywhere? Or is it better to just let them swim in the bathtub for 20 mins every night?

5. chickens really

Ice cream pails with the lid cut with holes large enough to dunk their heads or move them outside to the coop and run...13 Ducklings give off lots of heat and can keep each other warn if in a shelter and let out to drink and play ...Ducklings are tough...:)....Humanizing them causes issues ...:)

6. chickens really

I never have had an issue putting Ducklings out at 3 weeks....I live in Canada and we are not hot here all spring...Snow just melted...My Ducklings have been out a long time now..:)

7. shannonq88

shannonq88 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    I would prob have to use like 3? They really do not hold much water though so they will most likely drink all the water within an hour after me filling up the container

8. chickens really

Yes ...Water, water, water.....;).....

9. chickens really

Large plastic tote with holes made on the side to hold water and the lid on to prevent them from climbing in works ..:)....Get inventive with Ducks..:)....

10. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i really like this one ^^

Last edited: May 5, 2017